1.12.18

MEAA 2014: Winner Showcase, Hilal Mazlan

Hilal Mazlan hails from Kuala Kangsar, Perak. He holds a Bachelor degree in Fine Arts from UiTM Shah Alam, Selangor and has been participating in numerous group exhibitions since 2008.

Apart from Malaysia, Hilal’s works is hanged at the Malaysian Embassy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The artist currently lives and works in Shah Alam, Selangor.

ARTIST'S STATEMENT

I do not term my artworks as a kinetic sculpture but would rather prefer the term robotic sculpture. In the beginning, I started building robots in forms and slowly inserted a little bit of the mechanical system as I go along, upgrading my artworks to another level. Though it is a bit high in expectancy, but to be able to produce robotic sculptures is my ultimate goal, and I will do whatever it takes to realize it; although it means continuous research and upgrading on the technical aspect.
              

Flying Fleet Second Revise II
2014 | Electric motor, steel cable & steel | 122 x 74 x 22cm


Hand Waiting For Gadot
2014 | Electric motor, wood & steel | 46 x 61 x 61cm


Flying Fleet Second Revise III
2014 | Electric motor, steel cable & steel | 122 x 74 x 22cm


Flying Fleet Second Revise I
2014 | Electric motor, steel cable & steel | 145 x 74 x 22cm



Mecha Study
2014 | Electric motor, steel cable, fibre glass & steel | 66 x 84 x 42cm


Mecha of Oblivion








2014 | Electric motor, steel cable, fibre glass & steel | 170 x 164 x 68cm

MEAA 2019: Call For Submission